As we all know, the CV is a tool in the hands of a potential individual to secure a dream job, the CV must possess some striking qualities to make employment easier. One of the qualities of a good CV is the work experience section. The work experience section is a summary of your past jobs, either volunteer or paid. It shows the values you have added to yourself and your previous employers. The work experience section should be detailed and arranged in chronological order. It should specify your professional history and accomplishments. Also, the work experience section of your CV speaks of your strength, in terms of your past accomplishments. Employers tend to give meaning to the work experience section; more reason this section should be well structured.
Your CV work experience section should include several pieces of essential information.
• Name of organization - the name of the organization you worked should be written in full. This is very important.
• Position/job title - the position you held is also a cogent factor that must be noted.
• Employment period - your duration on the job should also be included in your work experience section.
• Job duties - your responsibilities should also be included in bullets.
Make sure the information given is relevant and true. Employers expect common qualities on your CV; like your academic qualifications, profile, name and address, among others. But your well organized work experience section would be an added advantage.
See this example:
WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION
AB Company 2016-2018
• Organized events successfully.
• Provided solution to impromptu events.
• Maintained a good and acceptable customer service.
• Received bonus for good work attitude.
Note; your work experience section should be compelling. This goes a long way to getting your dream job.